Student Technology Fee Committee
What is the Student Technology Fee Committee?
The Technology Fee Committee, often called the Tech Fee Committee, is a group of Park University students and IT advisors working to improve the student experience through technological improvements. We work on many small and large projects year-round to better our school, but are always looking for more ideas!
Do You Have an Idea for the Technology Fee Committee?
We want to ensure that students feel that their technology fee money is being spent well. To contribute ideas you can:
- Submit an official recommendation through our jotform.
- Come visit us and present your idea at our next meeting or Town Hall!
Want to Stay Updated on the Tech Fee Committee's Projects?
It is our goal to be the most student-facing committee at Park. You can keep up with us by:
- Following us on Crew
- Attend a Tech Fee Town Hall, hosted twice each semester!
- Join us at our weekly meetings!
Meeting Times and Locations: 9 AM every Friday in the GIbson Room located in Thompson, third floor.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crew: https://crew.park.edu/extracurriculargroups/94/feed
Technology Exploration Lab
What is the Technology Exploration Lab?
The Technology Exploration Lab, or the Tech Lab, is a room hosting cutting edge technology available to all Park University students maintained by the Technology Fee Committee and Tech Lab Ambassadors.
What is a Tech Lab Ambassador?
A Tech Lab Ambassador volunteer at least 3 hours a week in which they:
Have access to the Technology Lab exploratory technology
Assist students with Tech Lab devices
Monitor and keep log of device usage in the lab
Report device failures or issues to IT
Answer questions for tour groups or other visitors
Tech Lab Ambassadors are rewarded by 24/7 access to the Tech La
How Do I Become an Ambassador?
To become an Ambassador contact email@example.com expressing your interest in joining as well as your tentative availability. You then go through the following steps:
- You will be contacted and instructed to complete this Jotform
Jotform will be approved
- You will then meet with someone (from Tech Fee or another Ambassador) and complete the Canvas course
Sign the expectations sheet
Get setup with Vagaro
What is in the Technology Exploration Lab?
Come checkout our:
- Alienware Gaming Desktops
- Alexa Speaker
- Google Cardboard VR (for phones)
- HTC Vive VR (with broad selection of VR games)
- Makerbot Replicator+ 3D Printer
- Microsoft HoloLens (Augmented Reality)
When Can I Check It Out?
We have many great opportunities for students (and instructors) to visit the Lab!
- Make an Appointment: Schedule an appointment with one of our Tech Lab Ambassadors here. We recommend this for the best experience with the many devices offered!
- Swing by during an Open House! We host an Open House showcase every two weeks, exact dates tbd.
- For instructors wanting to bring a class to the Tech Lab, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org